Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Little Venting Sesh

“A happy woman is one who has no cares at all; a cheerful woman is one who has cares but doesn't let them get her down.” - Marie Dressler

Man, Fort Rucker is keeping BOTH of us busy these days. I know, I know, the whole world is busy. What's new. However, I was so busy that I ended up with 'severe dehydration'. I'm on a new stupid medicine (for hormones) that is a diuretic a.k.a. 'drink tons of water or you get kidney stones', and I guess I didn't take them as seriously as I should have. Thankfully, I do not have kidney stones {yet}, but I did start puffing up like a blow fish with pain so bad in the mornings that I couldn't use my hands. It's official. I'm getting old.


My truck broke down twice last week, and three times if you count last month. I just typed out a paragraph about what was wrong with it, but realized no one would read it or understand, so all you need to know is that I correctly diagnosed my truck twice! Toyota-0, Janna- 2

Everyone keeps giving me crap now that Will is an 'officer' saying I need a fancy car, but I am still rocking the shizz out of my truck, and I have a sexy mechanically inclined husband, so there is no way I'll buy a new car that will eventually have repairs that will cost more money than my whole truck. Ain't she a beaut'?



We've been so busy that we forgot to celebrate We-Man's birthday. Just kidding, we've never actually celebrated his birthday. However, it did just pass, and we should have celebrated it because of the heart murmur we recently found out he has. It's not life threatening, but we are now spending more for him in meds than an eighty year old man. I'm just happy that we figured out his heart problems were what was causing him to have coughing fits where he sounded like a seal. Poor thing was pitiful, and we felt helpless.



He's SO lucky to have his Aunt Katie here in Enterprise to take care of him. How cute is this? They put his picture on his meds, and she writes little love notes. I just love this girl. If you love animals, you should check out her Instagram.



Somehow I've managed to have dinner on the table every night, but I'm loving when I can find an easy option. I've been craving a Cobb Salad lately, so I decided that would do. It covers most of the food groups, it's purdy to look at, and you can make it your own.


Romaine Lettuce || Ham ||Turkey || Bell Pepper || Onion || Cheddar || Bacon
 ||Avocado ||Dressing || Optional: Hard Boiled Egg, Cucumber, Tomatoes, etc.

You are welcome, and more importantly, thank YOU for allowing me to ramble today. It's just one of those days that I need to get it all out. You know? Now don't forget about the Blog Auction. It goes live at 9AM Central Time, and on that note...Good night, moon.

Helene in Between


13 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that you drive a truck! And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Lol.

Unknown said...

its good to vent ... sometimes

Semper Ag said...

That truck is awesome!

P!nky said...

GUUURL, you drive that truck, it's you and you love it.

That Cobb salad looks delicious, and perfect for dinner too!

Happy belated We-Man! xoxo

Jenn said...

Who cares what anyone else thinks?? You have to do you, so keep driving that truck if you love it. I know some people had comments about us buying our house, but who cares? It's not their life, it's yours! :)
That cobb salad looks super delish--I love a good easy and quick meal. Always on the lookout for those!

Helene in Between said...

severe dehydration?!?! omg! i'm sorry! and what's wrong with your truck?! nothing at all!

Rach said...

Oh girl, I hear you! We drive two very basic cars despite what our friends drive. Okay... in truth... mine is very basic ('06 scion xa). However, Christopher's is hardly running ('96 chevy cavalier). It's a piece of junk for the most part, but he loves it because it was the first car he bought (for a whole $2k while we were in college). No a/c or heat, breaks down all the time, no power steering, squeaky brakes, and the paint has nearly all rusted off. It's a rough looking vehicle, but he gets some sort of pride out of the fact that he can fix all the little things that go wrong and the fact that the car is STILL running. His friends at work (have I mentioned that he works a corporate job where many of his coworkers are in Lexuses & Beemers?) all tease him about the car, but I think that's part of the pride thing for him now. I'm pretty sure he will drive that car until it is completely dead, haha!

So yes, totally get that pride in your truck thing! Good for you for knowing what was up with it! :)

mags said...

I should have asked before I bid on the blog auction....but I don't skype, so I hope if I'm lucky enough to win that we can email?! Mags

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Go drink some water, it's okay I'll wait. Go. ;) That cobb looks delish! Glad you found out what was going on with the pup.

Jen said...

Water! Lots of water! ;)

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

That salad looks amazing! I'm glad your pup is on the mend. It's so sad when animals are sick!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I need a new car as I am not mechanically inclined and have been having a lot of issues with my current one. Leaning towards a truck although it is not exactly practical in a city!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

I don't blame you for sticking with what you got for the car since you have help in the mechanical department-otherwise it might be too much of a headache then it's worth. Hope you feel better soon! I love Cobb salads. My absolute fav kind of salad to order but we haven't done salad's at home for a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...