Friday, February 13, 2015

Our Funny Valentine

I love celebrating love as most of you know, and that's why we've been celebrating our dating anniversary since year one. Eventually the celebration was upgraded to include our engagement anniversary and it just so happens to be two days before Valentine's Day, so really...it's just one big ball of love. Now to top it all off, we've added baby news to the mix, so we might as well lump that in, because why not. I had actually mentioned that maybe we shouldn't put too much effort in this year with everything going on until Will pointed out that it's our first Valentine's with Baby Bogert, and thus we should be celebrating. Can't argue that!


So the surprise I mentioned Wednesday? I've started to POP! I had my backdrop all ready, so it was about dang time. It's funny, I actually bought that crib spring before I knew I was preggers, and it turned out perfect for bump pics. And speaking of the bump, I have started a little side blog to do bump dates and a place where I can document a lot of the baby 'stuff'. I won't be ignoring the fact that I'm pregnant on here, but I know that not everyone wants to read every detail of le baby. For those that are interested check out the Halfway Bump Date today.

But let's get back to le hubby. I've really been falling in love with him all over again these last few weeks, and I'm so happy to celebrate that this weekend. It's true when they say your heart grows to hold more love instead of the baby taking it away from them. The trick, though, is making sure we show each other that we are still a priority. I don't actually know what he has planned, but he says he has it covered. I'm pretty sure that as long as I'm snuggled up with my two loves, I'll be a happy girl. And chocolate...chocolate is welcome too ;)

And because this has been on my mind this week...

I've never actually watched the 1970's show That Girl, but the other morning I was up at the crack of dawn and it was the best option. It was a cute episode about an engaged couple going to marriage counseling after their first fight. The part that got me was that her father stepped in and told her you shouldn't hire someone to build you a cabinet, when you can take pride in doing it yourself. It struck me because I do think that one of the biggest problems in a relationship is the 'disposable' factor these days. Everything is disposable, replaceable, upgradable, and that is extremely dangerous when it comes to love. We put forth effort into careers, social media, blogging, DIY, and yet most won't use that same energy in their relationship, which is something we all need to keep in mind.

You can get a new pair of pants in your relationship ladies, but the same skirt is still going to be there. Work on yourselves, build your relationship together, and don't outsource your love.





PS. Link up your Valentine's post with Sweet Helene and Sarah!

16 comments:

Jenn said...

Your pop is so cute! Love the backdrop for your pics!
Can't wait to hear what your sweet husband has in store for you--Im sure it's something wonderful :)

P!nky said...

I've heard of That Girl but never watched an episode. WHo knew it was soooooo informative.

Your backdrop and bump are so stinking cute, I just love it! And do I spy initials?!?!?

Definitely will be reading your side blog and can't wait to hear more about your journey@ <3 you!

Jen Mc said...

You look fantastic! I hope you are feeling good.
Hugs and congrats again'

Jean said...

Love that backdrop!

Helene in Between said...

your first valentine's with baby! so cute! I hope it's perfect :)

Mandie said...

You are so stinkin' adorable! I love the bump pic. So cute. I also just started following your side blog all about baby. :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Karen M. Peterson said...

Aw, you look so cute!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

Julia said...

Hi there, found your blog through the link up! You look great, congrats on the coming baby! I love That Girl, it's a cute show! :) Happy weekend!

Rach said...

Aww, I'm so excited that you've started to show! Sweet little baby bump! And I'm excited to follow along with your baby blog too! Exciting!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

You look beautiful!!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, yay, congrats and you are glowing!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Amanda said...

Happy Valentines day! Love that backdrop for your cute belly.

Katie said...

you are gorgeous!!

J and A said...

Look at you! Find out you are pregnant and pop!! LOVE! The backdrop is beautiful!

Kathryn B said...

You look too cute!!!! I hope you had a great Valentine's weekend!

Erin said...

You are without a doubt the cutest ever. I'm so darn excited for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...